This website is an online resource for NASCAR enthusiasts: welcome to our info page for Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware.
Dover International Speedway has an impressive Cup racing history. From 1969 to 1980, 21 of the 22 Cup races held there were won by drivers who either already had or would go on to win championships in NASCAR’s top series. About 3,200 seats were added to the facility in 1982. Each following year until 1998, more seats were added.
In 1995, DIS’s surface was switched to concrete, making it the first all-concrete superspeedway.
Dover hosted the first Cup race held after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the United States in 2001. Dale Earnhardt Jr. got the win that day and took a giant American flag on a victory lap.
Dover International Speedway
1131 N. Dupont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Dover International Speedway Official Site
More from the NASCAR main site:
“A NASCAR Foundation Track Walk is a great event for friends and family members looking for entertainment at the track between race activities. Event participants will enjoy a kick-off celebration prior to entering the track for their one lap trek. Get your group together today and get on track for charity! Track Walk participants also have the opportunity to raise funds and awareness for the charitable causes supported by The NASCAR Foundation Track Walks by using our online fundraising tools and other fundraising resources.”
For more info please visit: http://www.nascarfoundation.org
DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY CAMPING PAGE
This website is an online resource for Nascar enthusiasts: welcome to our info page for Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware. Information taken when the Dover International Speedway site.
RV Lot Information
- Lot 1 and Lot 12 are for general automobile parking only — no RV parking is permitted in these lots. Note: Lot 1 is used only for staging RV’s prior to opening the RV lots.
- RV Lot 2 is a reserved lot and requires two (2) 3-day ticket packages (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday race tickets). For reservations contact the Dover International Speedway ticket office at 800-441-RACE.
- RV Lot 6 and RV Lot 7 are designated for Disabled RV Parking. RV Lot 6 is filled on a first-come, first-served basis only for disabled patrons who meet the Disabled RV Parking Requirements (see below). General RV parking rules apply. Disabled customers who meet the Disabled RV Parking Requirements will have the opportunity to pre-purchase RV Lot 7. This is still a general lot, but they will pre-sell the available spots. For more information, contact the Dover International Speedway ticket office at 800-441-RACE.
- RV Lot 8 is a reserved lot only. Limited spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Lonnie Steele of Slicer’s Outdoor Rentals at (302) 836-4110 for availability.
- RV Lot 9 and RV Lot 10 are filled on a first-come, first-served basis only. Saving spaces is prohibited. Once a RV lot is filled, another RV lot is opened. NOTE: RV Lot 10 does not appear on the facility map.
Disabled RV Parking Requirements
- Spaces are first-come, first-served. All general RV parking rules apply. For access, patrons must have a handicap hang tag or license plate.
- To insure that our guests with disabilities receive the opportunity to park in our RV accessible/handicap parking area (RV Lot 6 & RV Lot 7), we have enlisted assistance from law enforcement to monitor and enforce proper use of state-issued disabled parking permits at our upcoming race weekend.
- Delaware law requires that the person to whom the disabled plate or hang tag was issued must be the driver, or passenger in, the vehicle bearing the plate or hang tag at the time the vehicle is parked in restricted areas (i.e. RV Lots 6 & RV Lot 7). See Section 2134 of Chapter 21 of the Delaware Code.
- Before loading into RV Lot 6, patrons will be required to show their state-issued disabled parking photo identification card to verify ownership of their state-issued plate or hang tag. When purchasing a spot in RV Lot 7, patrons will be required to send a copy of their state-issued disabled parking photo identification card and state-issued hang tag or registration for state issued plate. For patrons in Delaware and other states who are not issued a disabled parking photo identification card, the police will verify the state-issued plate or hang tag number and request photo identification (such as a driver’s license) to match the name on the plate or hang tag.
- Follow-up checks will be conducted throughout the event weekend to assure that spaces are being used properly. They thank you in advance for your cooperation.
RV Lot Fees
- RV Lot 2 is a reserved lot only and the fee is $130 plus (2) three-day ticket packages.
- RV Lot 6 is general lot for handicap and the fee is $60.
- RV Lot 7 is pre-paid for handicap and the fee is $130.
- RV Lot 8 is a reserved lot only and the fee is $165.
- RV Lot 9 and RV Lot 10 are general lots and the fee is $60.
Rules & Regulations
- Infield RV parking is not available at Dover International Speedway.
- It is essential that every RV patron/owner complete and sign a RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM.
- Parking attendants will direct RV patrons to the correct lots.
- All RVs must be self-contained and must feature on-board sanitation facilities.
- Due to limited RV parking space, Dover International Speedway reserves the right to marshal RV patrons in the RV parking areas. If you are asked to move your vehicle, please cooperate. We reserve the right to tow vehicles at the owner’s expense if necessary.
- Please Note: RV’s are not permitted to relocate once Dover personnel has assigned a spot, or another $60 fee is required. If RV patrons/owners move their RV from their initially assigned space, Dover International Speedway is not responsible for holding that space.
- Only two (2) tow vehicles are permitted per RV parking space.
- Quiet hours must be observed. All generators are to be turned off between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Also, ice trucks in RV lots will shut generators down by 10:00 p.m.
- You are parking an RV on Dover International Speedway property AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please lock your vehicle at all times.
- Please do NOT leave propane tanks or any type of barbecue unattended.
- Please OBSERVE ALL SIGNS. STAY OUT OF restricted areas and OBEY instructions from Dover International Speedway personnel.
- Please BE RESPONSIBLE in the consumption of all alcoholic beverages.
- Please BE COURTEOUS to other guests. Let’s make Dover International Speedway an even more exciting and enjoyable place for all race fans!
- o Saving spaces is prohibited.
NOT PERMITTED in RV AREAS on DOVER International Speedway PROPERTY
- Ground fires are NOT permitted in the RV Parking areas. The Fire Department will monitor fires in RV lots and will extinguish them if necessary.
- Please do NOT erect flags or other structures within 100 feet of any telephone or power lines.
- All-terrain vehicles, golf carts & motorized two-wheel bikes are NOT permitted to operate on Dover International Speedway property except by authorized personnel.
- Tent camping is NOT permitted on Dover International Speedway property.
- Pop-up RV’s are not permitted in reserved RV Lot 2.
RV Parking Services
- A disposal station is located to the left of the main entrance off Route 13 behind the credential trailer, and also in RV Lot 10. This service is available to all RV patrons on Dover International Speedway property.
- NOTE: It is prohibited to discharge any wastewater from holding tanks onto the ground. This includes gray water, CHT, or any other tank. Officials with the Delaware Natural Resources & Environmental Control Department (DNREC) will patrol the RV parking lots to monitor compliance. Violators will be fined.
- To schedule pumping of your RV, please call Honeydipper at (302) 376-1000.
- Trash pickup is daily from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please use red barrels for the disposal of all trash, as trash will only be picked up from these designated areas. Please do not move the barrels. RV Parking attendants will have trash liners available for the convenience of RV patrons.
- Water is available at RV Lot 10 and near the Dump Station at the main entrance off Route 13. If you would like water delivered to your RV,Are you lacking water at your RV space? Don’t worry, for a small fee you can contact U.S. Lawns at 302-270-1705 for water delivery. – See more at: http://www.doverspeedway.com/parking-info/#sthash.xotI6UAi.dpuf
- A courtesy shuttle service is available from RV Lot 10, which is located on the east side of the Speedway and Route 1. An ADA shuttle will also be available to pick up patrons with disabilities from RV Lots 8, 9 & 10. This shuttle will run from 8:00 a.m. until 1 hour after race activities on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Pick-up will be at the ADA sign at the entrance to RV Lot 10.
These are photos from the truck and Busch races at Dover International Speedway 06/2007. Thanks to Scott Haley. Click on images to enlarge.