This website is an online resource for NASCAR enthusiasts: welcome to our info page for Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California.
NASCAR debuted at Infineon in 1989, with Ricky Rudd taking the inaugural victory. The Craftsman Truck Series was added to the schedule in 1995.
In 1998, The Chute, a new high-speed straightaway that connects existing Turns 4 and 7 was officially opened on May 5. The redesign of the road course shortened the circuit from 2.52 miles to 1.949 and increased the event’s distance from 300 to 350 kilometers. The redesigned course is used strictly for NASCAR events.
A $60 million modernization plan kicked off in 2001. Improvements included the construction of hillside terrace seats above Turns 2-4, 40 garages for competitors, dramatically expanded entrance and access roads to reduce traffic congestion into and around the raceway, and increased run-off on the road course at Turns 1, 2, 3, 3a, 4, 6 and 7.
A new permanent grandstand at the start/finish line, underground pedestrian tunnels, enlargement of pit road to accommodate a 43-car field, new system of shuttle roads and the separation of the road course form the drag strip happened in 2002. Improvements continued in 2003 as the final portions of the road course were repaved (Turns 1-3, 6-8 and 11).
Turns 4-5, 9-10 and 12 and The Chute were repaved prior to the 2003 season. Additional runoff was also created at Turns 1 and 6, and the bridge at Turn 1 was replaced, while the Turn 6 bridge was removed permanently.
29355 Arnold Dr.
Sonoma, California 95476
INFINEON RACEWAY CAMPGROUNDS
If you are thinking about attending a race at Infineon Raceway please visit the links of interest below for campground details, rules, pricing and maps. Information taken from the Infineon Raceway official site.
INFINEON RACEWAY CAMPING FACTS
Check-In (all events, all campgrounds) – NO check-in will be allowed before and after the designated times
Thursday: 12 Noon-10pm
Fri & Sat: 7am-10pm
Infineon Raceway campgrounds close at Noon on Monday following the event.
Camping spaces measure 20′ x 40′. One extra vehicle may be parked in the camping area, but it must fit within your space.
Additional Vehicles/Guest Parking
One vehicle pass is included in your RV space purchase. Additional vehicles and guest vehicles must park in the following areas:
- Trackside RV Terraces – Lot 4
- 50 Acres Campground – 50 Acre parking area (enter though Gate 6)
- Cougar Mountain Campground – Lot 7
- El Monte Carousel Campground – Lot 11Spaces are limited. Vehicles parked illegally will be towed at owner’s expense.
Vehicles may exit and re-enter campgrounds until 10pm each night. A campground re-entry/additional vehicle pass and event weekend tickets are required for re-entry.
No re-entry is allowed on Sunday.
RV Pump Services
Septic pumps and fresh water fill-ups may be purchased on-site during the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup, FRAM Autolite NHRA Nationals and IRL Indy Car Series. Information, including pump and dump schedules and pricing, will be available during check-in.
INFINEON RACEWAY CAMPING PRICES
NASCAR NEXTEL CUP Series weekend
- 50 Acres Campground – $250.70* (Reserved)
- Cougar Mountain Campground – $250.70* (General Admission)
- Trackside RV Terraces – $930.60 – $1,584.60* (Reserved, includes 4 weekend passes)
- Carousel Campground – $1,039.60 – $1,584.60* (Reserved, includes 4 weekend passes)
Grand Prix of Sonoma
- 50 Acres Campground – $109* (Reserved)
- Trackside RV Terraces – $496.20 – $899.50* (Reserved, includes 4 weekend passes)
- Turn 8 Campground – $899.50* (Reserved, includes 4 weekend passes)
FRAM Autolite NHRA Nationals
- 50 Acres Campground – $109* (Reserved)
- Finish Line Trackside Campground – $719.85* (Reserved, includes 4 weekend passes)
Wine Country Classic vintage car races
- Trackside RV Terraces – $109
Cougar Mountain Classic
- Trackside RV Terraces – $54.50 per day
Regardless of event, the following check-in times apply. Thursday – Noon to 10:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday – 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Regardless of event, the following gate information applies.
- 50 Acres Campground – Gate 6
- Cougar Mountain Campground – Gate 9
- Trackside RV Terraces – Gate 1
- Carousel Campground – Gate 1
- Turn 8 Campground – Gate 1
A MINIMUM OF TWO (2) WEEKEND PASSES MUST BE PURCHASED PER CAMPING SPACE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
*All prices include 9% Sonoma County Transient Occupancy Tax
See below for maps and further information. Click for larger image.