This website is an online resource for NASCAR enthusiasts, so if you have a great picture of Texas Motor Speedway, send it to us for inclusion here.
Texas Motor Speedway is located in the northernmostpart of Fort Worth. The track measures 1.5 miles around and is banked 24 degrees in the turns, and is of the quad-oval design, where the front straightaway juts outward slightly. It is an extremely fast track featuring wide-open racing.
Going to Texas Motor Speedway? Then read this fantastic guide by Melissa Young.
Ticket Office :
3601 Highway 114
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Tel: (817) 215-8500
Texas Motor Speedway Official Site
Texas Motor Speedway NASCAR Foundation Track Walk
NascarCamping.com has just finished the fundraising drive for our first ever NASCAR Foundation Track Walk. We’re thrilled to announce that we won first place in the overall fundraising competition between various groups.
For this, we extend a heartfelt thanks to all Fellow Campers who donated money to this great cause. We’re waiting to see if NASCAR will post details on their site too, so we can link to it and share the good news. We’re also looking at posting our own ‘Hall of Fame’ listing the contributors and the amounts they donated.
We also want to thank Melissa Young (bigolepig) for spearheading this project at Texas Motor Speedway and organizing it from start to finish. Melissa, without you this would never have happened. What we need her to now do is clone herself and take her little ‘pig feet’ all over the country so that she can work the same magic at each track that’s hosting a walk this year.
Having said that, however, we’re realists and know that it’s not possible. So we’re challenging ALL OF YOU to step up and organize teams for the other NASCAR Foundation Track Walks. There’s a lot we can collectively do for this cause: as Melissa said, if all of our regular forum members contributed $5.00, we’d raise $1500 at each walk!!
The NASCAR Foundation Track Walks are a perfect official charity of choice for us as a group. It gives us the chance to meet in person, deepen friendships that have already grown strong online, and raise money for an excellent cause.
Imagine going to a race with this kind of purpose in mind: not just to watch the cars and revel in the speed, but also to make a difference in someone else’s life. As I’ve always said, making a difference in someone’s life is truly the meaning of life. We have the power to do this, so let’s do it!
-Chris Ecklund a.k.a. Mr. Camping
TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY CAMPING INFORMATION
Taken from the Texas Motor Speedway Official Site
If you are planning to make Texas Motor Speedway your home away from home — literally — during an upcoming racing weekend, we want you to know we’ll make your stay as hospitable and friendly as possible — an experience that you, your family and friends will want to repeat year after year! How do we do that? Just look at some of the special services campers enjoy during a race weekend:
- A dump station on property.
- Mobile trucks circulating through the camping areas offering to collect waste and replenish your water supply for a small fee.
- If your RV is in need of emergency repairs, we’ll have a company available to help at nominal fees. If you need this service and don’t see one of these service people immediately, any security officer will be happy to locate one for you.
The Speedway offers five distinct camping areas suited to a wide variety of needs and requirements.
2008 Camping Rules and Regulations
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only. (Infield camping – VIP camping – Outside reserved and unreserved camping)
- Please dial 817-317-5502 for any police, fire or ambulance needs that arise during your stay at Texas Motor Speedway. This number is only intended for emergencies requiring assistance from the services listed above. For any non-emergency campground issues please go to the Public Safety Trailer located in the Lone Star Circle Campground near Row EE.
- No outside catering allowed on Speedway property. All catering must be coordinated through Levy Restaurants Sports & Entertainment (817) 215-8438.
- Access to campground areas will be restricted to vehicles displaying appropriate event tag or sticker. Campers will receive only two camping permits per spot. All camping permitsMUST be affixed to each vehicle entering/exiting the camping areas.
- THE STRIPED STICKER IS SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR RV. THE SOLID STICKER IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL VEHICLE. NO CARS WITH STRIPED STICKERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CAMPGROUNDS.
- Unoccupied campground spaces MAY NOT be roped off for reservation purposes. All spaces must be paid for at time of occupancy.
- No non-Texas Motor Speedway advertising will be permitted in any of the camping areas or Speedway grounds.
- Open flame or open pit campfires are prohibited anywhere on Speedway property. Charcoal and gas grills are allowed in camping areas except in the infield during race practice sessions or during a race. All BBQ grills must be at least 10 feet away from combustibles — cars, campers, tents, awnings, etc.
- Maximum of 10 gallons of gasoline allowed per campsite. Gasoline should never be used or stored in close proximity to sources of heat or flame and must be stored in approved containers.
- All pets on Speedway property must be kept on a leash while outside personal vehicle.
- No ATVs or personal golf carts will be allowed.
- No Swimming Pools or Hot Tubs allowed.
- No Stages, Stage Lights, Live Bands or Live DJ’s
- Do not park RV’s in fire lanes or within 3 feet of fire hydrants. Hydrants must be accessible to emergency vehicles. No parking is allowed in front of bollards (signs will be posted).
- No generators allowed in the tent-only camping areas. All vehicles related to tent-only camping must park in designated parking areas.
- Two-wheeled motorized vehicles (including licensed motorcycles) will not be allowed in campgrounds, including the infield.
- All camping areas will be aggressively patrolled by Speedway security staff and City Police Officers; enforcing a NO TOLERANCE policy on ALL campground policies.
- No flatbed trailers (more than 10 ft. in length) will be allowed in the campgrounds.
- No box trucks will be allowed in the campgrounds
- ABSOLUTELY NO cruising permitted in any of the camping areas.
- NO lewd conduct will be allowed on Speedway property.
- A noise curfew of 1 a.m. will be enforced in ALL campgrounds. (Does not include generators)
- All Infield Camping Areas must abide by the 13’ height regulation — meaning anything above 13’ must be removed.
WARNING: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is possible with camping equipment. Follow Equipment Instructions!
REMINDER: Anyone operating unapproved unlicensed motorized vehicles (ATVs, golf carts, two-wheeled vehicles, etc.), will be asked to immediately take them off property and not be allowed to return.
Please understand these rules come with the safety of you in mind as a valued customer of the Texas Motor Speedway.
Please call the Texas Motor Speedway ticket office at (817) 215-8500 for more information or to reserve a camping space.
Hellmann’s Reserved Infield Camping
Get in the middle of the action by camping in the infield reserved area during a race weekend! The extensive infield camping area offers several types of reserved spaces — Wall, Interior, and paved Paddock. Reserved Infield RV spaces are approximately 20’ x 40’. All infield camping also requires that each person have an Infield Pass, which can be purchased at the gate. The dump station for infield campers is located by the North tunnel just off of Allison Avenue, and two shower/restroom facilities are located at either end of Allison Avenue next to the garage areas.
Infield spaces are sold by the season and are currently sold out. Starting in 2008 any spaces which become available will be distributed through a random drawing.
Weekend Infield Passes — $70 if purchased before Race Week
Blue Ox VIP Camping
The Reserved Blue Ox VIP Camping area is located between Allison Avenue and Labonte Lane on the South end of the track. VIP Reserved camping spots come with a number of special perks, including an oversized 20’ x 45’ paved spot, 24-hour security, a prime location near the main grandstand, proximity to restroom and shower facilities, and electric and water hook-ups. VIP Camping Spaces are sold by the season only and are currently sold out.
Blue Ox Campgrounds
All race week camping in the Blue Ox Campgrounds outside Turn 3 is reserved. There are 4,700 marked spaces approximately 20’ x 40’ in size divided into two sections.
Lone Star Circle Reserved — 2,200 spots between Harmonson Road and Lone Star Circle; closest camping to Turn 3.
2008 Season — $500 – ON SALE NOW!
2008 Samsung 500 weekend — $250 – ON SALE December 5th, 2007
2008 Bombardier Learjet 550k weekend — $150 – ON SALE December 5th, 2007
Victory Circle Reserved — 2,500 sites between Harmonson Road on the west and Lone Star Circle on the east. Sites available on a per race basis.
2008 Samsung 500 weekend — $175 – ON SALE December 5th, 2007
2008 Bombardier Learjet 550k weekend — $75 – ON SALE December 5th, 2007
There are also two areas on the east side for tent campers. Unreserved tent sites will be approximately 10′ x 15′. NO GENERATORS ALLOWED IN TENT CITY AREAS.
Lone Star Circle Tent City:
2008 Samsung 500 Weekend — $75 – ON SALE December 5TH, 2007
2008 Bombardier Learjet 550k Weekend — $50 – ON SALE December 5th, 2007
Victory Circle Tent City:
2008 Samsung 500 Weekend — $50 – ON SALE December 5th, 2007
2008 Bombardier Learjet 550k Weekend – NOT AVAILABLE
Unreserved camping will be on the west side of the speedway for the Samsung 500 and Dickies ® 500 weekends ONLY. There will be 1,700 sites, approximately 20′ x 40′ available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Dickies ® 500 weekend — $75 purchased at the campground entrance.
PLEASE NOTE THE LOAD IN PROCEDURES FOR UNRESERVED CAMPING FOR THE 2008 SEASON LISTED BELOW!
- Opens March 29th @ 8:00am for the Samsung 500 weekend
- $75 Per Space
- Staging line will begin on West Side of the facility at Victory Circle and Petty Place
- THERE WILL BE NO ON-PROPERTY STAGING OF CAMPERS AFTER LOT OPENS. (NO WAITING FOR A DIFFERENT LOT)
- Lot North of Petty Place and West of Victory Circle will load first
- Lot North of 114 and West of Victory Circle will load second
- Lot South of Petty Place and West of Victory Circle will load last
- Next Lot will not open until previous lot is filled